Common Material Types & Cost per ton (2000 lbs = 1 ton)
- General trash: $43.05/ton, minimum charge of $19
- Brush: $21/ton (minimum charge of $10)
Note: Oleander, palm and yucca are considered General Trash
- Mattresses/Box Springs: Ten (10) free to residents and approved businesses. Additional, per-count charge of $5 each
- Non-refrigerated Appliances: Additional, per-count charge of $10 each
Includes: Microwaves, ovens, dishwashers, water heaters, etc.
- Refrigerated Appliances: Additional, per-count charge of $18 each
Includes: AC units, freezers, refrigerators, plug-in water dispensers, etc.
Free Disposal Items
- Recyclables: Cardboard (non waxed), paper, aluminum, glass bottles and jars (rinsed with lids removed), plastic containers (no thin plastics like bags, film, wraps, straws or packaging), metal cans
- Asphalt and Road Material: Separated and uncontaminated sand, gravel, road base or asphalt
- Concrete and Brick: Separated and clean no more than 2 feet in any direction. No dirt or protruding re-bar
- Mattresses: For residential customers, 10 clean and dry mattress/box springs may be recycled. $5 for each additional mattress.
- Household Hazardous Waste: For more information on accepted Household Hazardous Waste material, please visit our HHW page
Covered Pickup Beds
Pickup/trailer loads must be covered. Failing to do so may result in an "uncovered load" charge. Covering of refuse loads is required under littering regulations as well as California Vehicle Code, Section 23115: (a) No vehicle transporting garbage, swill, used cans or bottles, wastepapers, waste cardboard, ashes, refuse, trash, or rubbish, or any noisome, nauseous, or offensive matter, or anything being transported for disposal or recycling shall be driven or moved upon any highway unless the load is totally covered in a manner that will prevent the load or any part of the load from spilling or falling from the vehicle.